Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Trip Was Wonderful ... (and I am going to do the 2015 A-Z Blogging Challenge!)

Me and my Cousin Barbara in front of the house that my Dad and Grandpa Delmar were born in.

Hi, I just wanted to do a quick post to let you know that we are back and that we had a great time.  It was wonderful to visit with my Arkansas family and to do and see so many things.  I took over 1800 pictures on this trip!


Crossing over from Arkansas to Mississippi


Cary got to cross returning to Mississippi off of his bucket list.
 



I will be posting pictures and stories soon.  It is kind of overwhelming.  I don't think that I will try and put everything in order, though I will do a more detailed summary of the trip in a bit. 

I am trying to get back into blogging.  Cousin Barbara gave me tons of family history, and Cary's Mom has too.  Barbara and I set up her first blog while I was in Arkansas.  I  have resumed work on my news page too.  Just keeping busy!

I hope that you all are doing well, are staying safe from the bad storms and that you are happy.

Hugs,

Kathy M.

Oh!  I just had a great idea.  I am going to participate in Blogging from A-Z Challenge 2015, and that will get me back into blogging and into visiting.  I am going to use the theme of travel, and will be featuring our recent trip stories and pictures.  Ti-da!  Killing two birds with one stone.  I skipped 2014 because I was worn out from working, but have done this in 2011, 2012 and 2013.  If you want to find out more, here is the link:


  CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE 2015 A-Z CHALLENGE



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Kathy, it is great to see you back in blog-land and to know that you had a safe and wonderful adventure. 1800 photos, WOW!!! Remember how before digital we had to conserve the number of photos we could afford to take:) It will be fun tagging along through your photos and family history and I think it is super that the house where your Dad and Grandpa was born is still standing, so that you could see it. Did you go inside?
If you will put a link on your next post to your cousin Barbara's blog I would love to welcome her to blog-land and be one of her first followers.
Have a lovely day and welcome home.
Connie :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Connie, you are so sweet! Yes, we did go inside, and I took a few souvenirs. The property just sold and it will probably be torn down soon. I'll get you in touch with Barbara very soon.

Kathy M.

Linda Reeder said...

We just booked a hotel in Greenville, Miss for our trip in June! We will be flying to Memphis and driving the Great River Road, ending up in New Orleans for a family wedding. We've never been to Mississippi.

Wendy said...

I see you already have "Q" taken care of. Shucks. But I'm glad to see you back in the AtoZ saddle again.

Pamela said...

Wow--1800 pictures. We have a lot to look forward to. Looking forward to your trip A-Z!

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Glad you had fun and made it back safely. I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":